Tuesday 27 May 2014

Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation! - Part 3


Wednesday saw the ship docking in Falmouth, Jamaica!!! 

Unbelievable!!!!




I was so excited about today! Julie and I had booked our excursions for Jamaica and Mexico wayyyy back in October last year!!!! :o)

We decided to climb the Dunns River Falls and then go River Tubing!

Now ... anyone who knows me well, knows that I HATE the water! So here I am on a Cruise ...... and the only excursions we booked are both water based!!! I admit, I was a little bit nervous about it, but was ready to blame Julie entirely if the day was a complete ....... wash out :o) But as it turned out ............. It was an AMAZING day!



We were picked up by mini bus and taken to the Falls. It was a bit of a drive, but we stopped a couple of times to take in the view and have a break.

We had two fabulous guides with us from Yardie Tours .... Shaw and Alycia. I cannot recommend them highly enough, they looked after us so well all day and were very entertaining!



Climbing was hard going and really slippery, cold ..... and WET!  I think it took about an hour to climb up, but it was so much fun :o)


My only regret is not having many photos of the day. Obviously, you couldn't take a normal camera with you - sometimes you were up to your neck in the water! I did have a waterproof one, but the pictures it took weren't brilliant :o(





In contrast to the Falls, the River Tubing in the afternoon was so relaxing! We all had a Tube ... which was like a huge tyre with a board in the bottom. It was beautiful just floating along down river ... although some parts were quite bumpy! :o)




Back at the Port, we had a final photo taken :o) We not only shared the whole day with Julie and her husband Robin but also with a wonderful US Demo from Minnesota - Rachel Tessman and her fabulous mum! :o)







We finished the day with a little shopping and then it was back on board the ship.



That evening, when we returned to our cabin, we were greeted by more Towel Art and Pressies from Stampin' Up! This cute little bin, full of yummy goodies!

No comments: